Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Optometrist

Optometrist


Duties and Responsibilities: 
Optometrist duties include the following, perform vision tests and analyze results, diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness, and eye diseases, such as glaucoma, perform minor surgical procedures to correct or treat visual or eye health issues, provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation , and promote eye and general health by counseling patients. 
Salary: $106,140
Education:
They will need an O.D. degree, and a bachelors degree, and the requirements for an O.D. degree.
Demand for this particular career:
Important qualities for this career are decision making skills, detail oriented, interpersonal skills, and speaking skills. They will also an license/ certifications/ registrations.
Add a Picture:
Image result for optometrist


Reflection:
 Do you think you would like to be one? 
Why? Why not?
After researching what an optometrists career and their responsibilities. I've made my decision and that's that I don't want to be one for many reasons. One of them is that its not related to  my dream career or any of my interests. I don't think I will work will with helping people with their eye sight or working with people's eyes for that matter alone. It just isn't me and it doesn't seem at all interesting to me or worth entering this field for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Class evalutaion

Class Evaluation   What are things you liked about the class?   There were a lot of interesting things that I liked from this class...