Friday, April 13, 2018

sss

"I have been asked what I mean by " word of honor". I will tell you: place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high. ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk-like around me and have me give MY WORD OF HONOR never to cross it. CAN I GET OUT OF THAT CIRCLE? NO, NEVER! ID DIE FIRST."- Karl G. Maeser

Image result for word of honor  In my personal opinion on this quote, I am set out to believe that the word of honor is very important and out rules other things. For instance, when I was a kid I would tell my dear oh father that I would finish my work before supper. Now, my word of honor was telling my father that my work will be done before supper. I was set off to tell myself that it wouldn't really matter to my dear oh father if I were to not finish my work till supper. I went to supper and as we were eating our food, my father asked me," my dear boy, did you finish your homework?". I replied," ....no father I didn't.." He had a disappointed look in his eyes. My word of honor didn't mean much to me at the time nor have much value to me as it really had. SO since there, I was set out to believe this quote and live by it.In this example, it shows the story of the little boy learning the importance of the word of honor. And what it means to have a word of honor he didn't want to disappoint his father. he chooses the right and lived with his word of honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class evalutaion

Class Evaluation   What are things you liked about the class?   There were a lot of interesting things that I liked from this class...