Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Student Success Statement

"I hated poverty. Poverty is more f a choice than anything else, and I can change that (poverty). It depends on how hard I want to work , and I decided that I would change it."- Dr. Ben Carson

In my personally opinion I agree with Dr. Ben Carson, if you hate something like he did he work hard to change it and so he wouldn't have to live with it anymore. If you set your mind and work hard at it then you will have many doors open to you and your dream. Which then you would soon realize that  you have changed it and you are willing to open the doors and step in to your life full of opportunities. To me when he says poverty yes i know what it is but it also means disappointment, regrets, CTW, and all the negative and bad things. That you either decide to change it or not. For instance, if you were to keep on repeating the chain of your mother or father not being able to finish school because they couldn't afford it or made some bad decisions in life. Then, you can change that and learn form them and continue working hard at your career path and in school so you can excel in life and in school. And soon enough doors that weren't open to your parents will soon open up to you  and you COULD SAY I did that and I'm going to decline your offers and accept the best ones. Not the other way around. Or you can go the other route where you don't meet your full potential you decide to keep the things the same and let the pattern continue and you will have to be like your parents or worse to your own children.  So if you don't like something and you want to change it then you should change it and keep on making things a possibility for you and excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class evalutaion

Class Evaluation   What are things you liked about the class?   There were a lot of interesting things that I liked from this class...