Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Podiatrists

Duties and responsibilities
   The duties of an podiatrist is to assess the condition of a patient's feet, ankles, or lower legs by reviewing the patients medical history, listening to her or his concerns, and performing a physical examination, diagnose foot, ankle, and lower leg problems  through physical exams, x rays, medical laboratory tests, and other methods. They also conduct research, read journals, and attend conferences to keep up with advances in podiatric medicine.

Salary:  They get paid $124,830 per year, and $60.01 per hour.

Education requirements
  The education requirements to become one are you must earn a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) degree and complete a 3-year residency program. Every state requires podiatrists to be licensed.

Demand or need for this profession
  The demand for medical and surgical care of the foot and ankle will stem form the aging population. They will also be needed to treat patients with foot and ankle conditions caused by chronic conditions, such as diabetes and obesity.

Add a picture
Image result for podiatrist

Do you still think you would like to become one ? Why or Why not?

   After learning more about this profession I still don't think I would like to become one. I think that working with patients isn't my thing because I don't have the right amount of patients to deal with some rude ones. I also don't want to work with feet I think they are disgusting and if I get a worse case then I probably might quite my profession and all that time I spent would go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class evalutaion

Class Evaluation   What are things you liked about the class?   There were a lot of interesting things that I liked from this class...